Troubleshooting for Vitastiq 2 (Bluetooth LE 4.0 edition)
If the LED isn’t blinking when activated, or the LED isn’t on when you use the Vitastiq pen, please reset your Vitastiq.
To reset your Vitastiq: connect it with the enclosed usb cable to a charger (to the power source) and wait till the LED turnes on and starts blinking. Then disconnct it from the charger, activate it and pair with your phone.
Troubleshooting for Vitastiq cable (1st edition)
The blue LED light is not on: Is my device broken?
The LED light should be on ONLY when the device is in contact with the skin. First open the Vitastiq app, then connect the Vitastiq device to your smartphone. After that the blue light should be on only when the device is in direct contact with the skin.
Please check the VOLUME by using the external volume control button on the side of your smartphone. Set it to the maximum.
In addition, please remember that Vitastiq is a self-measuring device designed for individual, independent use only. No one else should be in contact with the device while you are using it.
It seems my Vitastiq device is losing contact while in use. Is it broken?
If your skin is very dry, then it’s resistance is very high, which means that the conductivity is very low and Vitastiq can’t complete the electrical circuit. Therefore, it will seem like your Vitastiq device is losing contact because the indicator on the screen is unstable and the light keeps flickering while in touch with the skin. To increase the conductivity of your skin (and decrease the resistance), please keep it moist while using Vitastiq – dampen the tip of the device using a wet cotton pad before calibrating and before touching each acupuncture point (as shown in our video tutorials).
I’m having problems while calibrating: How long does it take to calibrate?
When calibrating, the Vitastiq device must be in continuous contact with the skin for about 12 seconds.
What can I do if the LED light does not turn on?
- You can try to press-and-turn the tip of the device several times quickly with your finger to make sure all the contacts adhere correctly.
- Enable the microphone for the Vitastiq app in your phone settings.
- Adjust Headphones/Headsets/Audio volume to MAXIMUM by pressing the + button on the side of your phone (adjust this function also in Audio or Sounds or Ringer & Alerts Settings)
- Check the cable connectivity. Remove any phone cover/case so the audio cable is connected properly.
- Try using Vitastiq with another smartphone to see if it’s working properly.
- Try to restart your smart device – completely turn it off, then turn it back on after a few seconds.
My Vitastiq app doesn’t lead me to the next measuring point.
The next measuring point can be set to AUTO or MANUAL. In the manual mode, you have to tap the next point, whereas the auto mode takes you automatically to the next point. Select the desired option in Settings on your Vitastiq app.
Important information: what NOT to do while using Vitastiq.
- Do not hold the phone in your hand. Your phone shouldn’t be in contact with your skin.
- Do not charge your smartphone.
- Do not use a metal surface as this can interfere with electrical conductivity.
How do I charge the battery?
The battery inside the device does not need charging. It has a life of approximately 1000 hours of active constant use, which is up to 10 years of regular weekly use.